MELTA Creative Teacher Showcase
The Creative Teacher Showcase was first organized in 2009, in conjunction with MELTA's 18th International Conference in Johor Bahru, and has now become an annual event at the MELTA conferences. The objective of this event is to provide Malaysian English language practitioners with an opportunity to showcase best practices and teaching materials that have been effectively used within one or more contexts/classroom/teaching-learning situations. Participants are encouraged to demonstrate how teaching-learning materials may be used as mediums of aligning teaching and learning outcomes successfully. The showcase products presented may be in the form of any of the following:
a. Activity/task description
b. Language games/songs/stories
c. Creative worksheets/task sheets
d. Teaching/learning aids
e. Authentic materials
f. Multimedia-based materials
The showcase material must not be commercial products.
How to participate?
Participation forms are available on the MELTA conference website.
· The selected participants will have the opportunity to display and present their showcase/activity at the conference in a specially designated space.
· The organizer will provide table-top space and display boards only
· All electronic/electrical equipment (notebooks, extension cords) is the responsibility of participants
· Participants should exhibit their showcase for the day designated for CTS and provide explanations to interested participants.
Judging and Judges
· The competition aspect of the CTS shall be open to Malaysian teachers teaching from pre-school to pre-university education only.
· The judging will carried out by a panel of international ELT experts. The panel will be headed by a MELTA representative.
· As a whole, the evaluation will be focused on the creativity of the showcase, novelty of the presentation or product, and the effectiveness and scope of material.
CREATIVE TEACHER SHOWCASE AWARD RECIPIENTS
Jen Renita Mappah SK Sanglang Pontian, Johor
Rani K. Mariappan SMK Convent Batu Pahat, Johor
Nor Fadzleen Sa’don SMK Tasik Utara JB, Johor
Nor Fadzleen Sa’don
SMK Tasik Utara JB, Johor
Lim Seng Leong
Sek Men Keb Bukit Jambul, Penang
Rubiah Mat Som
SMK Kuala Krau
Noorjahan bt Sultan
SMK Indera Mahkota Utama
Yap Yoke Chin
SMK Hwa Lian, Mentakab
Maryati bt. Athan
SK Muhammad Saman
Hyginus Lester Junior Lee
Belinda Ng May Lee
SMK Taman Medan
Sawaran Jit Kaur
Kolej Datu Tuanku Haji Bujang
Denny Phang Kong Khee
SJK Chung Hua Tondong
Tan Chiew Hiong
SK Pujut Corner
Please click here to visit the Creative Teacher Showcase photo gallery.